Thursday, January 20, 2011

Now We're Getting Serious - Nesting

I know I am supposed to be blogging for you all but I am just all wrapped up in nesting!

I opted to spend the last few days painting a rather large canvas to hang over the mantel.

Here is the original sketch. It's a leafy montage with a few "M"s hidden around to represent our little family. The rug and the print on the chair in the living room are very paisley/leafy/green.



After the first day of putting paint to canvas, I had made it this far:

And I just finished the final product. It is much more brown and green than it appears in this photo. The only colors I used actually were Ochre, Burnt Umber, White, and Dark Green.

Oh, golly, it feels to good to make stuff. :)

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME! YOU ARE TALENTED IN EVERY WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Your mom is right-you're so talented! And I think it's hysterical that you are telling us if something is more brown or green than it appears...

    ReplyDelete