Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nesting, Sewing, and my First Upcycle!

So, some of you might be familiar with this cardigan.
Well, maybe with a slightly different version of this cardigan - a version that had sleeves. Sadly, I spilled curry or something equally orange on the sleeve and it was UNCLEANABLE! So, off to the donation pile? Well, with my new Brother sewing machine, I thought I might be able to do one better. Why not remove the stained part and see what was left - most of the sleeves. About 20 minutes later, I had my first upcycle. Teeny Tiny Zayd Pants.
They definitely aren't perfect and I didn't get my bobbin tension very steady but it is a new machine and I will get better. These are super soft fluffy wooly bottoms and I think they are adorable. "What's the best part?" you ask! We can match!
It is taking nearly all of my will power to not go cut the sleeves off EVERYTHING in my closet. If these were real wool, they would also double as a diaper cover for nighttime, but sadly they are a mix of a bunch of materials and I don't think they will quite do the job. Have an extra sweater in your Goodwill pile? Bring it on over! I'll make a matching set for me and the babe!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh this is adorable!!!! I love it!! Maybe your mom needs to match Zayd too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! The cuffs at the bottom are def my favorite!

    ReplyDelete