Sunday, January 2, 2011

Have you been to Sesame Street!?!

Some of you may not know this, but I LOVE Sesame Street. I remember watching as a kid with my gma after spending the night there. After getting in our hour of educational TV, we would always go swimming in her apartment pool that had blue tiles on bottom of the pool. I remember it as one of the prettiest pools I've ever seen because the water just looked so blue. I must have been pretty little because the memories are fuzzy, but I can remember where the TV was in her home and I can remember how excited we would be when Sesame Street FINALLY came on!

So, despite my pledge to not buy things I can't use, I have bought this little treat for Zayd!

His first T-shirt! I know what you are thinking - he can certainly use a T-shirt, silly! Except, as modeled by Mr. Pink, this shirt is size 12-18 months, so we have a while.


One of the things I can distinctly remember loving about Sesame Street was their Getting Ready to Read video. In fact, VERY early in this pregnancy, before I had told any of you about the then-named Mammenito/a, I searched the internet to determine if they still made Getting Ready to Read, or if I would need to steal my parents copy and buy a VHS player. The answer is - it is VHS only, no DVD copies! BUT, much to my happiness, the entire video is on You Tube. So, Zayd and I will have to watch Getting Ready to Read from this computer. Though, I suppose I might be a TAD BIT ahead of myself with this, as well. What can I say, Sesame Street gets me pumped. Here is just a tiny snippet, to peak your interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment