Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pocket Full of Posies

I am starting to get into buying mode. (Though, admittedly, some things on the list have nothing to do with the baby - coat rack and bedside tables top the Nesting Though Not Zayd-Specific list.)

Well, my first fluff mail of 2011 has arrived - a handful of pocket diapers! Woot woot. With these four new additions, my stash comes to the following:

That's three Flip covers, two Bum Genius 4.0, a Bum Genius Elemental, one Rootbeer Rumaproos, two Kawaii Baby covers, Litewrap Newborn cover, two sets of BG inserts and soakers, six organic Flip inserts, and a pack of 18 disposable Flip inserts. Not a ton, but I am getting there!

Here are my latest Bum Genius purchases with some definitions for...well, basically everyone.



The one on the left is a Pocket Diaper because the stuffing comes out. This means you can get more than one use out of the cover, compared to the inserts. There is a nighttime soaker shown for extra absorbency. On the right is a All In One. They call this a Daddy diaper because there are no inserts or stuffing to be done. Everything is sewn into place and washes as a single piece. I don't think this is the way I want to diaper Zayd (drying time, inconvenience, mess) but I figured I would get one daddy-proof diaper and see what happens!

Here's some close ups of the other dipes or covers, just for kicks. The center is the newborn cover and it is pretty small!

I have also decided to go with Itsy Bitsy Bums for my newborn rental. These rental policies strike me as awesome! Because teensy weensy babies don't fit in traditional cloth diapers, companies offer to send you a rental package for between $45 and $100 (minus a deposit) and you simply return the diapers after three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment