Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zayd's First Girl's Weekend :)

My loveliest ladies (save one) came in from Houston for the long weekend and my bestie here in San Antonio joined us for what was one of the funniest weekends of my life. I haven't laughed so hard or so often probably ever in my life. Besides all of the delicious food, stories, and laughs we shared - I put these girls to work!

We got off to a hysterical if maybe slow start with lots of support from the mimosa mob. "Where should we put the Zayd astronaut?," I asked.

We really put the only non-pregnant champagne-free lady to work.
We spent the better part of an afternoon designing the layout and having Miss P tape it up. This layout sadly stayed put for less than 24 hours and soon we had vinyl decals jumping to their deaths right off the wall. This meant we were back at square one by the next morning! How many teachers, accountants, mathematicians, and doctors does it take to hang vinyl decals - many more than you would expect.

We all had our different strengths and weaknesses and I think we learned a lot about each other. One of us can't tell a straight line from a crooked one, one of us doesn't have enough biceps to complete a stick-up job, one of us cannot stop cursing under the pressure, and none of us was taller than 5'6". So, the room isn't completely done and I am looking for 5'10" and up volunteers to hang Saturn, the Earth, and the stars.

As an enticement you should know that I allow rowdy workers and sometimes I even let them have fun!

In the end, we got quite a bit done. Here are a few of our masterpieces!


3 comments:

  1. I hope Zayd had as much fun as we did; I miss you two already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this more than I can even explain. Thanks for documenting all of the funniness! I can only imagine the laughing that ensued with those girls and those decals. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you Bella Bell. Can't WAIT to see you in about one month!!! (I promise we will be just as much fun then!)

    ReplyDelete