Monday, January 31, 2011

1, 2, 3, ..., 10! Yes!

So, I had another bizarro dream last night, but in this one Zayd was a little boy and not a doll at all!
It started with me lying in bed so it was one of those dreams that you REALLY believe while you are dreaming it. I dreamt Sam was here and I was trying to show him Zayd moving around in my belly. Then, the shape of Zayd's teeny foot started to emerge on the left side of my body! Then the other foot! We could see both of his feet as if they were right in front of us; there was just the pesky matter of a thin layer of MY skin between us and his monkey-toes. In fact, the first thing I did was count his toes - 10 Ladies and Gentlemen! - that's how well I could see them. Sam and I enjoyed putting our pointer fingers under his toes and watching him curl his piggies around our fingers. It was so cute! (Even the MEMORY of the dream is adorable.)
Then, Sam and I got greedy. We decided to just take the baby out and play with him for a little while, then put him back and let him cook for the next two months. (Strangely, many months ago I read about a very similar dream in Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs.) So, we did. I'm not quite sure the mechanics we used to take little Zayd out but I was laying on my back holding Zayd up in the air in front of me. He was probably more like 3 months old and super expressive. Sam and I played with him for a while and then told him that we were going to put him back for a bit to fatten up. He was NOT having it. Zayd was super annoyed and just kept "saying" he wanted to eat. (Silently but we knew what he wanted.) Sam and I tried to explain to him that he should be getting all of the food he needs through the umbilical cord - still attached, mind you. Zayd scrunched up his little face and he was FURIOUS. I started to give in and Sam explained that we had to put him back, and he had plenty of food. I was torn and couldn't decide what to do for my little man...
That is about when I woke up. He's still in there, so I guess I got it all resolved in my dream!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love everything about this. I can't wait for you to tell Zayd about this dream some day!

    ReplyDelete