- My lady neighbors brought us six weeks of meals to help us through the early post partum period.
- There is always a neighbor on their front porch and you are always welcome to stop by and chat.
- We send group facebook messages to set up impromptu playdates at Brackenridge park.
- We all have the cutest stinkin' houses.
- I have never had to run to the store for a last minute forgotten ingredient. I have a dozen neighbors I would feel comfortable borrowing a cup of sugar from.
- I have made the best mama friends. They are women who help me when I am crazed and celebrate with me when I am not.
- Old Man Jesse lives here.
- I am not even going to get into the location: walk to the Witte, Brackenridge Park, the zoo, the zoo train!, the Pearl Brewery Complex, Central Market, the Terrell Hills Firehouse, Cappy's, Tong's Thai, Cachito de Mexico - you name it!
- There are running groups, book clubs, supper clubs, a gang of skateboarding dads, something for everyone.
- The moms have a bi-annual clothing swap.
- My kid loves it here. Zahra will too, but she hasn't quite caught on yet.
Here is one of those impromptu backyard playdates that saved my crazy Tuesday.
|Our neighbors have a tree house|
|And a great backyard|
|Our neighbors have sturdy babies and they let us gather all of their balls together|
|Our neighbors share|
|There is something for everyone that is just their size|
|Zayd's dream come true|
|And Old Man Jessie walks us home after the playdate|
Lately I have been worrying over schools (because one thing we lack is a viable education system here is San Antonio ISD) and if our house can really accomodate us and our visitors forever. I am not really sure about the answer to those questions. Those things might push us out of our house someday...but it would be with a very heavy heart. There is no community I would rather live in and I think I am the luckiest lady to know what truly having awesome neighbors can really mean to your quality of life. You probably have to live here to know what I mean...
What do YOU love about Mahncke Park?