Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thirty Weeks!


What is new with the littlest Zayd?
  • He has been ON THE MOVE! I keep asking him where he is trying to get to, but he doesn't seem to know. Despite my bragging about how he was such a content, if kicky, baby for about ten weeks now, he seems to have discovered the ability to roll over and do summersaults. And he loves them. It makes for a cool show from the outside, so I love them too!
Maybe this is why he is so cramped. Here is an image of a 30 week baby I found on the internet.

  • He is somewhere between 16 and 17 inches. Unless he is like his mom, and then he is probably a slightly teensier babe. He should also weigh around three pounds. So, this means he could grow a few more inches but he needs to at least double his weight over the next ten weeks.
  • Apparently, Zayd's little brain was smooth until this point. Now he has those characteristic grooves that we all have that allows him to gain more brain tissue!
  • He's losing his monkey-fur (lanugo). Again, this is only if he is unlike his mother. Or anyone in her family. :) Since he is "beefing up" he doesn't need the downy hair to keep him warm anymore!
What's new with me?
  • Its hard to think of anything that ISN'T new with me.
  • My tailbone hurts. There really is nothing you can do for an aching tailbone...
  • My belly is MUCH bigger and I am a huge fan of it.
  • I (knock on wood) really still feel pretty spectacular. Sometimes I am tired, but I think that might have more to do with running a house than growing a baby. Especially running a house that seems to be turning on me - the dryer is fickle, the pipe under the driveway got in a fight with the magnolia tree and the dishwasher is (CURRENTLY!) full of dirty water that just won't leave.
  • I am in full out crafting/creating/cooking mode. There is no stopping me. (Until I get uncomfortable.)
  • I am starting to think more about the little details of the birth and fret over them.
  • I am still having crazy dreams and I keep having dolls replacing little Zayd in them. Last night I dreamt that I had Zayd and was living with my parents (too much Teen Mom). I went for a walk around the neighborhood with a baby in my arms. Then my favorite neighbor asked to see the baby and I said, "I just brought this doll around. They look pretty much the same." I pulled the doll from my chest to reveal a blonde Ken doll in a human-baby-sized cloth diaper all swaddled up. So weird.

2 comments:

  1. I've, for no reason at all, had a sore tailbone for about three months now. I have such sympathy for you :( It's completely miserable.

    You look amazing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't tailbone pain the weirdest!?! I hope yours goes away soon! At least I have an expiration date on this pain!

    ReplyDelete