Thursday, January 27, 2011

My First Review: Belly Butter

This is for my preggers friends or for my other lovely ladies to file away for *someday*.

So, I have been slathering a lot of different creams and lotions on my belly and have been surprised REPEATEDLY. I introduce my top two contenders for Belly Balms: Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, and Palmer's Tummy Butter.

You would think this would be no contest - I am partial to all things "natural" and really LOVE my Burt's Bees stash (lip balm, shampoo, body wash, etc). And it was no contest - it's Palmer's all the way!

Consistency - This is really where the the two products stand apart. When you rub the Mama Bee between your fingers, you get a greasy, lumpy consistency that will mostly melt in when you apply it to your belly. Not completely, though. There are always teensy clumps left behind. It feels thick, which can be nice, but it leaves a greasy residue inside anything that clings to your body. When you rub the Palmer's into your skin it completely melts. It is velvety and rich but for the most part absorbs into your skin leaving just a thin silky barrier between you and the world. I LOVE the way my belly feels with the Palmer's.

Smell - The Mama Bee is unscented which thought I would love. It is nice to know there are no perfumes or unnecessary additives. I suppose, in the end, I am not all that hippy-dippy though because the smell of the Palmer's makes my heart sing. It smells like delightful cocoa butter - mildly chocolatey and a little sweet. I love it. <3

Price - They are nearly the same. 80 cents different per tin, but there is one extra ounce in the Palmer's.

So, my advice, skip the Burt's Belly Balm (but buy their grapefruit body wash!) and buy Palmer's Tummy Butter in a three pack from Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment