Thursday, November 4, 2010

Z's First Swim

We are so unbelievably lucky to be starting a travel business; I just can't say how thrilled I am. Not only am I going to get to do something fun and something that enables others to have fun but our training locations are the best! The little Z-monster is enjoying his time down in Cancun for sure. (I asked him - see the previous post about week 19.)

So, folks, I know that I owe you all a great baby bump picture. I figured that being in a bathing suit on the beach would be perfect - so form fitting. It seems the bump might have been better suited with a horizantally striped mumu than a black rouched tankini. I would say the bump just doesn't photograph that well. It's always shying away as soon as you pull out the camera. I simply can't explain it. But here he is...

Speaking of my Z bump, it is getting bigger and harder by the day and I just love it. Yesterday evening, I lied down to relax and laid my hands on my lower belly. I got a small thud, faint, but perceptible to the touch. We spent the next five minutes with me trying to get the baby to kick my momma but with no success. I think I have identified his head by touch but will have to wait for the midwife to confirm if I know what I am talking about. I am reading a really hippy-dippy mothering/birthing book that talks about knowing your baby without machines. So I am trying and I am pretty sure I found his noggin. I suppose it shouldn't be too hard given its a 97th percentile cranium. Anyway, back to adventures with baby in Mexico...

I know that the Z-Man can hear now so I took him out to the ocean and let him hear the waves. I am not sure what he can hear better, the tiny waves lapping against my belly or the large waves raging over the rocks, but either way, I hope he learned about the ocean and how magical it is today. I let him go swimming (i.e. sat with my belly just under the water) but didn't feel a ton of movement. In either case, it was relaxing, we had a good chat, and I got a little sun. A perfect lunch break from my Cruise Holidays training.


5 comments:

  1. Got to love the clear water and white sand beaches. Mwah to Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muah from Aunt Julie who wishes she was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! You two look so cute!! I'm thrilled that you're having such a great time down there! It's raining here in Chicago so soak up that sun for us up here! Sounds like you're liking the book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He makes a very cute little bump :)

    ReplyDelete