Wednesday, November 24, 2010

22 Weeks - He's a Palindrome!

So, we missed 21 weeks but lets see what Baby is up to nowadays:
  • Zayd is nearly a foot long (I've read between 8 and 11 inches) and weighs about a pound! (Or, as I said to Sam this week, "He is like 3 of those filet mignon.")
  • He has started sprouting hair on his itty bitty noggin and apparently it is bright white! It better darken up a bit or Sam will be mighty ticked when the little one emerges!
  • His sense of touch is getting more advanced and he might be snuggling his umbilical cord. There aren't exactly a ton of toys in there for the Z-man to play with.
  • He LOVES listening to his first story book that his mother so lovingly bought him called The Little House.
What about me:
  • I am getting rounder and rounder. And loving it!
  • I am a bit hungrier, though the flu last week really got me off track with eating and weight gain.
  • I find myself funnier everyday. And I tell people how great they smell much more often than I did pre-baby.
  • My skin is FREAKING out: acne, allergies, ashiness. You name it (and it starts with an "A"), I've got it!
  • I'm just getting to the point where laying on my back is hard to breathe. It isn't impossible but it feels like a conscious decision breath after breath.
  • My center of balance ran away. Sam and I have both laughed as I try to stand from a cross-legged position on the floor and find myself strangely close to "toppling".
  • My knees hurt. My left foot hurts. My left shoulder and wrist hurt. But I DON'T have sciatica so I call it a win.
What's new for Sam:
  • He counts how much ice tea I drink when we go out and reminds me that the baby prefers water. (Cute, not annoying.)
  • He has felt a couple of faint kicks but thinks I am making my belly jump.
  • He is eating well, now that I am back home.
  • He is eager to get advice from parents and it is adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! And great to see what Sam is up to also! How does he think you are making your belly kick? That would be a new move! Over here in Chicago, we are looking forward (?) to 16 degree weather...apparently Chicago has decided to freeze these poor South Carolinians to their seats here. Cairo is happy as can be with so many people to pet him.

    Pleeeease post more pictures! Preferably of you trying to stand up :) Also, Cairo was 1 pound when he was born, which I thought for a second made Zayde bigger than Cairo for the first time! But no, Cairo weighs about 50 pounds this week, so no, that's not how that works. But it's still adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete