Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This is Where the Magic Happens

So, I have been scouring the earth and heavens looking for a suitable crib for baby Zayd. For me, the following things were important. (Or, more specifically, NOT important.)
  • I don't need a crib that goes from crib, to day bed, to full size bed, to SUV. I want to put a baby in this crib. And then when that baby needs a real bed, I want to make another baby to put in this crib. And on and on forever.
  • I don't want "Adult Styling". I am not trying to fit this crib into the decor of our modern-esque bedroom. This crib will go in a baby room with baby things and should look like it belongs to a baby, not Justin Timberlake.
  • Along those lines, I wanted a natural-ish looking wood. Not unstained but a light cherry or medium colored oak. Espresso for my room, light colors for baby.
  • I want a crib that can withstand a baby as rough as my brother was.
  • I want Consumer Reports and Baby Bargains to confirm that the crib is a good idea.
So, I spent an hour a day for months and here is what I have come up with. I ordered it (with a pretty decent Black Friday price) yesterday.
It hasn't arrived yet and it has a great return policy but I am hoping hoping hoping that I will want to keep it.

In the interest of full disclosure - this crib does it all, toddler bed, day bed, full size bed. But you can't win them all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful crib! And what a beautiful, thoughtful momma putting all that effort into finding just the right one. I hope it is just perfect when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete