Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rolling with the Punches (and Kicks!)

It' been almost three days of this nonsense and I am still sick. Strangely, I have a new major symptom everyday. We've done vomiting, back aches that are debilitating, sore throat, congestion, even weird things like claustrophobia that made me so crazy I took my shirt off in the bathroom at work yesterday. Not my typical behavior, to say the least.

But I am eating, taking my vitamin C, and just trying my darndest. And Baby Zayd seems just fine; he's as active as ever. I must say that while I love feeling his kicks and Superman punches, when my stomach is turning over while I hurl, I think its just wrong to be simultaneously kicked in the gut. That being said, the happiest news is here! You can feel little Zayd's Krav Maga moves from the outside. Everytime I say, "Zayd's awake", my mom runs over and put her hands on my belly and she's gotten a couple second degree kicks now too! I can't wait to go home and kick daddy. Ha ha. I called Sam daddy. I am actually laughing out loud. Just give me a minute...

To ease my backaches, I took a warm (not hot!) bath that was helpful. (Every baby book you read says to take baths in exactly that way (not hot!).) I felt a little ridiculous sitting there with my big belly bumping out of the water. Then, I realized that my bump was lopsided - little Zayd was all curled up on the right side. So cute! Wish you could have seen it but it really wasn't a Kodak moment. :)

OK. So, that's the latest with the little one and I. My pizza just arrived and I am committed to eating two pieces. (And keeping it all in.) Talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. UGGGHHH! I can't wait until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and so so so so jealous you can feel him, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete