Monday, November 8, 2010

The Name Game

I think the name game has come to end, my dear friends. I know you have been anxiously awaiting our littlest Z's name. Wondering day and night: Zahir? Zack? Zeke?!? What could it be!?!?

Without further ado:

So, we are finalized: Zayd Varughese Mammen.
Varughese is Sam's father's name and I am so happy to be carrying into our next Mammen generation. (And like any good pregnant woman, I am now all teary-eyed.)
Zayd is a name we have seen in many different versions, spanning a few continents and once listed as a "Made up Name" by the Coolest Baby Names book. Ha ha. It means empowerment, and we think it is a fantastic moniker. For clarification, it rhymes with made, paid, or prayed, so that should help you pronounce it. It is funky (which meets my needs) and short and punchy with a "Z" which keeps Sam happy.
Mammen - I will have Mammen as my legal last name by my birthday. This is a promise I have made to myself. (Yes, I am a bit behind...)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that this was still a mystery, but I'm happy to see it regardless! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we just talked on the phone, so I won't call you again, but I LOVE the middle name! I didn't know you were doing that, but I love it. And I thought Sam's dad's name was Bob or something? Glad it's not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zayd is a cute name. I'm not familiar with this name but I never imagined that the name you selected would be familiar to me. Its far from the Christian names in my life. Example: Mary

    ReplyDelete