Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Waaah! I am sick.

Hello ladies (and maybe a couple gents).
I am in Minneapolis completing training for Cruise Holidays so that I can become an accredited travel agent. Woot woot!
Sadly, I missed most of yesterday because I came down with something horrible. I knew something was REALLY wrong when I couldn't eat my lunch. Me! With my truck driver appetite! (Well, I am still working on that but I am definitely eating much more than ever before.) I got about three bites of my sandwich down before calling a taxi to get me home. I was in the hotel room for about 6 minutes before I lost those three bites and all of my breakfast. I had a hard time deciding what was worse, the nausea/vomiting or my throbbing back, a by-product of the violent way that I wretch.
So, I slept from one pm yesterday till now, basically. I was probably up for about 3 hours total after the incident. I couldn't eat anything until late last night and have since had LOTS of rice, a couple handfuls of almonds, and probably 8 pieces of tofu. I call that progress.
I called one of the midwives yesterday and felt much better after talking to her. She asked a ton of questions, then said I just have a stomach bug and proscribed food, fluids, and extra vitamin C. Its so nice to have someone on call just to put your mind at ease.
I am feeling much better and think I am going to head back to training. Wish me luck, friends.

P.S. I am really feeling for my friends still in First Trimester land. Puking is really hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment