Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Conversations with Zayd


Today was the first day that I felt like the baby and I were really interacting. We talked to each other throughout the day and it was simply fantastic.

When I was sitting through the final minutes of a long meeting, I started daydreaming about food. I tried to figure out what I could run and get from the Snack Shack with only a few minutes to spare. I considered an egg and cheese muffin but I had had eggs for breakfast. I knew they sold bananas and considered that as well. Then I remembered that they served warm toasty bagels and I could probably talk the cafeteria ladies into TWO cream cheeses if I played the pregnancy card right. (They charge you for plastic forks and they are loathe to give out ketchup so you REALLY have to be pregnant to get a favor.) As soon as I figured out my bagel plan, Zayd woke and and started jumping around. I thought, "Yep, it's an awesome
idea, little one. Don't worry, we are getting a BAGEL." And in my imagination he did this little happy bagel dance. It was so funny. I can't be sure that he was excited about the bagel but I bet when he sees his first bagel some months from now he will light up the way he did today. Time will tell.

Later in the day, I was leaning over a desk talking with Chris about something. Zayd spazzed out for a second and I said, "Okay, okay, I will give you more room" and stood up straight. It almost caught me by surprise that I was just naturally inclined to converse with my little fetal baby. But I stood up and he stopped kicking and I am pretty sure I knew what I was talking about.

I think this is what all the pink light meditating has been for. Even if I am imagining it, it is pretty awesome and lights up my day so I am thrilled either way.

P.S. I got the bagel but didn't have the nerve to ask for the extra cream cheese. I did get a knife for free though --woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Little button is coming to life down there! Good for you on the knife-cafeteria ladies can be very intimidating! Go for the double cream cheese next time; I'm sure you'll be showing more then and can really play the preggo card! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete