Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Making of a Nursey Part III

First lets show you how far I got cleaning the nursery out last weekend. This room has been full of crap ever since we moved in. We almost got it situated as a study and then found out about little Zayd and the room has really paid the price.

Gross. I know. It is the most embarrassing spectacle. But, after a few short hours cleaning, I had it in BETTER shape by last Saturday.
Believe it or not each of those boxes on the floor is organized into categories that we must now deal with. But at least everything is in its "section" to be handled accordingly. Sam went to town on the desk and I got busy with some paint samples, which led us to:
For a closer inspection of my wall art, I present Apricot Flower on the left and Vintage Orange on the right.
Being technically color blind, I let Sam-I-Am make the final decision with NO INPUT FROM ME. This was a very hard move for someone as controlling as myself but I would say that I agree Vintage Orange was the way to go.

It's not quite as orange as it reads in this pic and I know you are amazed that once you push all of the crap to the center of the room it looks like hell in there again. But we are making progress! And the painting was one of my biggest stressors, so I am so glad that Sam is getting it out of the way. (I can actually hear him rustling the plastic tarp around in there as we speak. Send him some encouragement on the walls. To his phone - he has never seen the blog. Ha ha.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see it! Does Zayd have a bookshelf yet?! He will need one soon if I have anything to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have those two cubes that used to be part of the desk but are now lone rangers. So I think some of the cubbies will be used exclusively for books. I am not sure if we will keep both though. I also want one of those hanging ones for kids that shows the front of the books. Oh, and we will put up a small shelf for Sam's nice Tolkien collection. (Each book is strangely labeled "Property of the Utica Library" - hmmmm.)

    ReplyDelete