Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nesting...the early phases

We have done quite a bit toward getting the nursery ready. Despite there being a ton of junk still in the room, most of the furniture is "in its place". Here are our bookshelves and I am happy to report that both fit in the room quite nicely. I need to get baskets and things to put toys in but you get the idea!


Here you see the crib fully assembled! (Thanks Sam!) You can see the glider that my neighbor Jessie brought over (though I am going to have it recovered in something lovely). (I might also make a little Earth pillow or something...cute right?) We still have junk in here that we haven't decided where it goes but we will get there over the next month or so. Mostly, the room is looking pretty darn good. And isn't the Vintage Orange DIVINE while not conforming to gender-based stereotypes!


Here is the antique dresser we will be using after it gets refinished. We'll be sure to take all of the junk from off the top, pull stuff out from under it, and remove whatever is leaning on it before Zayd arrives.


I have a few other random things that I have been meaning to do that are suddenly my #1 priority. First, it always bothered my that you could see our switch box in the hallway. So, now my giant Rice diploma hangs over it. It was a simple fix to what felt like a huge problem. Soon, I might hang the Bryn Mawr diploma over the thermostat. Ha ha. (But who are we kidding - its also enormous.)


We finally have little bookshelves up in our room! I am obsessed with these floating bookshelves and they might start popping up all over the house.


I have covered 2/3 of our french doors in non-peep-through film. I ran out, though, and rather than have something like 7/8 done I quit while it was still symmetrical. At least the bad guys only get 1/3 of the view.


Lastly, isn't this a lovely way to hang a mirror!?! I had to put two thumb tacks on top of the door and string wire in the top and bottom of the mirror to loop the ribbon through but otherwise it was simple as pie!


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, guys! I am in LOVE with the orange! It's so happy and bright and gender neutral! Love it. The furniture is great, and I can just picture the baskets in the bookshelves. You could put little letters on the fronts of the baskets according to what goes in them, like B for books and T for toys. Just an idea. This is so fun picturing the world Zayd will come into in a few months!

    ReplyDelete