Friday, December 31, 2010

27 Weeks - Even I Can't Believe It!

I am not sure if we are up to date on these or what...but I checked multiple sources and I am in fact in my 27th week! In fact, according to some texts, I am in my THIRD TRIMESTER!

What's new with me:
  • My belly is getting so big! And getting lots of attention from people! Woot woot!
  • In fact, not only does my belly get attention, I get a lot more scolding than I am used to. People (those I know and sometimes those I don't) have told me that I shouldn't wear the shoes I am wearing (with two separate pairs), that I need to button my coat (which doesn't exactly close over my all this business), that I shouldn't be hanging Christmas decorations (you can take away my NYE, but leave me my Christmas!), you really wouldn't believe it! The woman in the nail salon told me my bump wasn't big enough and I should really stuff it to get more sympathy from people. Oh! And you wouldn't believe the lectures I get from people because I am STILL GOING TO AFRICAN DANCE! You heard me. Post your objections below. Or better yet, email them to my midwife. ;)
  • I am starting to get that round ligament pain people warned me about. I feel like I have torn muscles in places where I am pretty sure I don't have a ton of muscle...
  • A lot of my symptoms have subsided. :) I no longer have Carpal Tunnel-esque complications, my sciatica is at bay, and my hands are less puffy.
  • My belly dances. :) Well, more specifically, we can see the Zayd-monster moving and shaking in there. It is most pronounced when he wakes up around 8pm especially if I have already had my dinner. Come by and watch!
  • I think I have mapped out my baby's position using this awesome belly mapping article. I will try to draw a picture on my belly... wish me luck. OK, Sam won't let me draw on my belly for fear of ink poisoning the baby...its not worth arguing about so enjoy the following illustrations:

What's new with Zayd?
  • Zayd should be about 15 inches long! Considering I was a mere 17" at birth this completely shocks me! He should also weigh approximately 2.3 pounds - which explains my excess girth.
  • He really has a schedule and a personality. I love him! He is up from about 9am to 2pm (with baby naps sprinkled in) and then sleeps until after dinner. Usually at 8 or 9 pm, he is up and MOVING!
  • He can blink! With long luscious south asian eyelashes I am sure!
  • He apparently hiccups a lot but I haven't learned to distinguish these from the punches and kicks and the other raucous activity he is causing in there.

4 comments:

  1. I do too! Look at him growing in there! Go, Zayd, go! My sister performed at 8.5 months, so you've still got awhile to go there Ms. African Dance! Keep up the good moving! We should probably get you some drumming CDs because he's going to love those sounds when he gets out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point about the African Drumming CDs. That or he has to come to class. Who wants to babysit AT African Dance? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete