Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Making of a Nursey Part II

We have been trying to decide on a theme for the room and fully intend to buy paint today - woo hoo! People have started asking about our theme so we really need to settle on something.

Themes we have considered:
  • Fun with numbers
  • Alphabets (English, Urdu, Hindi, Russian - we are all inclusive)
  • Elephants & Owls (of course)
  • Whales (I really just dappled but there are some adorable whale things out there)
  • Outer Space
  • Bicycles
I think (THINK!) we may have settled on: Outer Space. Most of you know but when I was getting to know Sam, I asked him if he could go anywhere, where would he go. (Mind you we were living overseas.) He said, "Space". I didn't think that answer counted. So there you have Sam's need to rebel and my need for conformity all wrapped up in a single question and answer session.

Generally, I would think space too 1980s and a little more stereotypically masculine than I prefer. That being said I am a mathematician so maybe I should just start eliminating gender biases from professions. It's something I am working on.

I've scoured Etsy looking for some adorable wall decals (in each and every theme) to get us off on the right foot. I think I have settled on the following.


I actually really like the colors shown in the last two photos but all of that is customizable. So, what do you think? Do I have a little Space Man?


(And if you think about it, its sort of an ode to Houston! Don't tell Sam!) ;)

4 comments:

  1. Think Geek has some adorable baby things, particularly for space themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This is adorable: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=54&f=6665

    And in the right colors, this could be an adorable space ship in the corner for when he's bigger. They love spaces like this: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=52&f=517

    And this is for when he's a teenager or something: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=107&f=4899

    Haha.


    Aside from the last one, I'm serious. And this is a very cute theme! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote space. It's pretty awesome, and I love the last 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally an ode to h town, space is realllllllly cute! love the decals!

    ReplyDelete