Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Calendar - Week 25

My my! It's been a while since we had a calendar update! Let's see how far little Zayd has come:
  • He should be about 13.5 inches long and nearly a pound and a half. That's the size of a rutabaga!
  • Zayd's nostrils are getting cleared out. I'm not totally sure what that means but I hope he likes the smell of the basil pesto we will be having this evening.
  • The little man needs to fatten up quite a bit and grow some thicker skin in the next trimester.
  • If I could put my finger in Zayd's palm, he would grasp on to it! This makes me feel so very gleeful.
  • Interestingly, Zayd is the same age as Josie Duggar when she was born last year...i.e. babies are considered viable at 25 weeks, but I am going to keep cooking mine a few months longer.
  • Zayd is starting to have more waking hours during the day which I fully support. I try and talk to him and keep him awake when I feel a kick in the middle of my day. Like any Mammen I know, he pretty much does whatever he wants... ;)
  • He "told" me that he likes the book Nani (my mom) bought more than The Little House, which is a close second fave. So we read "On the Night you were Born" every evening before MY bedtime.
What's new with me besides my belly photos that I have posted? (Which, by the way, did you SEE the awkward pregnancy photos from my last belly photo post - hysterical!)
  • My uterus is the size of a soccer ball. Does anyone have a soccer ball I could pose with? I think this would be funny if not charming.
  • I feel GREAT! Really, I do. Better than I have felt the entire pregnancy and I am so very grateful!
  • My hair still looks great but I have a couple crazy eyelashes that sprout an inch long overnight. Very peculiar. If they could do it with some pattern, I would mascara em up and rock my new fringe. Unfortunately, they are lone rangers out on the frontier of my eyelid...
  • I am sort of nesting. I keep telling Sam that if I could just find a coat rack I would be a happier person. My list of house things that I need is quite lengthy. I will post some of our latest house projects soon.
  • I had another FANTASTIC meeting with a midwife at our practice. FANTASTIC. I actually think that I want to choose her as my primary caregiver and then last month's lady can be the baby's midwife. It is all falling in to place and I am so grateful to be figuring out these things. Actually, I am grateful to have the ability to choose from four amazing women and determine exactly how each of them can best assist me and Zayd on his BIRTH day.

So, in summary:
  • Zayd is very active and growing leaps and bounds
  • I am grateful (and growing leaps and bounds)

1 comment:

  1. That's CRAZY to think that baby Duggar was born around this time. Kind of neat to think that Zayd is really a living creature, though! I'm so happy that you're feeling good! I guess this is the point where you get that pregnant glow...along with even longer eyelashes? I'm hoping that will happen to me when I'm pregnant, and it won't just be that I get the extreme me things instead, like skin so dry it actually falls off...

    Speaking of being pregnant, could you describe more about how it FEELS to have Zayd kick you or move or be awake? I can't even imagine it, and I'd love to be able to! I just cannot wait to meet that little boy.

    ReplyDelete