Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zayd's One Month Birth-a-Versary!

Our day started around 3 am. And I don't mean, we woke up, ate, and went back to sleep. The little tyke was up, crying, eating or looking around for many many hours after our 3 am jump start. Apparently, Zayd was dying to watch the royal wedding. (Which I did - the bride looked great but did her sister look better?)

He ate again at seven and then refused to eat until 1pm, which made mommy slightly insane. He also pretty much refused to sleep for the entire day. Maybe he was staying awake expecting a birthday party??

All of the chaos of this very special day resulted in mommy (that's me) almost spiraling out of control. On a frantic call to Jenny to complain about all of the other "incompentent" health care providers supposedly "providing healthcare" to me and my peanut, anger turned to tears turned to panic, turned to Jenny asking if I was going to be alright and if I felt I needed a hospital intervention. "No, Jenny, I am not actually crazy." She believed me. (Phew.)

What a day.

But, we shared some special moments. We had lots of snuggly time in the evening and there is nothing better than co-sleeping with my almond joy. And, after a 3am push out of bed, there is pretty much nothing better than sleeping at all!

Anyway, to mark his birth-a-versary (and, I suppose, the royal wedding) Mommy crafted a little hat for the lentil. He was none too happy about it. Here is our day in photos.

At first, we were terrified of the hat.

Then we were pretty angry about it.


But eventually, we screamed ourselves exhausted.

During our evening walk, we were still exhausted.


But by the first day of our second month, we had figured it out!

Lastly, lets consult the book and be sure to record all of the little talents Zayd has picked up during these last (and first!) 31 days.
  • He can coo!
  • He can definitely lift his head and survey the world around him. He can even hold his head up for minutes on end while you are holding him against your chest.
  • He can focus on my face! And I adore focusing on his.
  • The little lentil weighs 8.6 pounds! Wow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! He looks like such a little BOY in those bottom three! I can just picture how he is going to look as a toddler. What an adorable honeybun. I love that you included all of these because it marks the true history of his monthaversary. I don't want to rush him, but I'm already look forward to month two! We are so lucky to have him in our lives. And you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hold him so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete