Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emerging from a Babymoon

Hello folks! I have missed you!

I don't really know what to write about today. I haven't had the time to plan something in particular, so this will be a stream of consciousness post.

The last two weeks have been mostly spectacular. My little almond joy is just adorable and really is such a great baby. I think I am a lucky mom. He eats like a fiend but I guess that is what happens when you feed on demand! The last few nights we have had several three hour stretches between feedings. For those that have never had a newborn (or a newborn like mine), that might not seem amazing but as far as I am concerned, 2 or MORE hours of sleep at a time is AMAZING. Specifically, last night was 8pm, 10pm, midnight, 3 am, 4 am, 6:45 am. When I write it down it doesn't look so spectacular but believe me I felt happy about it during the night. Especially because I know that my little one WANTS to be up all night. That was his fetal schedule and should be his schedule now. That being said, at this age (or for the weeks to come) I don't believe in trying to alter his schedule. I don't care if he knows day from night and I rather him be eating well, sleeping well, and happy.

That is one thing I have come to decide - just do what makes him happy. I believe that he is too tiny to spoil and that the best thing I can do to stay sane myself is meet his every whim. Would you like to sleep in your bed, my bed, in my arms, or in the swing? There is no wrong way to sleep. Will you be comforted by sucking on my pinky finger? Here it is little guy! You like it in your car seat? Well, then you can stay there even though SuperBaby says that is a no no. He's happy, I'm happy, the Mammens are happy. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment: