Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Kids, Covid, and Vaccine Hopes

I woke up early today snoozed a little and then did a workout. After my shower, I was brushing my teeth and reading my New York Times feed and saw that England had approved a vaccine for use. And I started crying! Maybe sooner of that was workout endorphins but I think it was hope and whatever frustrations I bottled up throughout this process of pandemic. I felt so happy and I cried honestly happy tears. Mid-toothbrushing.

And then I sat with myself and thought: wow, that was a lot of emotion I wasn't expecting there. And I thought about the three little humans I'm raising and how they have so many fewer tools for processing everything that's been happening for the last nine months. So I wrote them a note to tell them I love them and I'm so proud of them because they really have been stellar humans throughout all of this.  I hope I keep it forever and I hope I remember today and future days that feel hopeful like this but, if not, I wanted to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment