Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Distance Learning, far from my heart

There've definitely been weeks when I felt like I was suffering under the weight of distance learning and about to stage a revolt. But last week we had three days when we finished all of our work by 1 p.m. That's about 6 hours earlier than our latest day. 

Yesterday, thanks to one app being broken and thus the assignment cancelled, we were done by noon. Noon!! We fit so much wonderful stuff into our rediscovered free time: art, Urdu, ZZ had his first virtual Islamic Sunday School class, we killed it! I felt euphoric by five pm and exhausted by seven. Ha ha.

In the end, I have such mixed feelings about how it all worked out, though. The free time was great and I was so happy we crushed school in time to earn it. But also, I want to spend all of our time doing learning and play time together. It's not a surprise, but I prefer being in charge. And four+ hours of app learning each day seems to prevent that.

So, today I filled out the distance learning survey and held no punches. We also did haircuts, melted crayon art, and a bike ride before I ever checked in on their school work situation. So, well likely be doing schoolwork until late. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. 

Enjoy the pictures of our fruitful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment