Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The Mammen Ladies' Liberty Adventure

In September, Zahra and I went to Philadelphia to spend some girl time at Bryn Mawr and in Center City. We got to hang out with Nini Ella and her sweet Curly Sue and with my favorite Bryn Mawr babies.

Zahra cartwheeled all over town and began perfecting her back walkover. We enjoyed a touch of fall. We spent time with some super accomplished Mawrters and discovered ways we can better support the alma mater I love. She earned a junior ranger badge at a Independence Hall and we had great conversations about our country's founding, Alexander Hamilton, and our first President's legacy as a slave holder. We ate adventurous food in exotic restaurants and also played super-Philly game of putt-putt. We stayed in a fancy hotel, thanks to Uncle Peter. The whole experience was fabulous and I can't wait for future girls' trips with my one and only girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment