Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Ziyan, my wonder boy

I owe so many posts about this sweet baby. He turned two more than a month ago and, though I have a draft, I haven't posted about it yet. I'm not sure exactly why but I know writing the post was difficult for me.

But, regrets aside, let me tell you about my little man. Today he peed in his potty AND put his jammies on completely independently. What?!? I couldn't believe it. He wasn't surprised, though.

The other day in the car, he counted to 22. The highest I'd heard him count otherwise was 15.

He is such a funny creative jokester. He loves to say, "mommy look!" Then throw his heard back, grab his belly, and do a completely fabricated belly laugh. It's so peculiar.

He loves loves lives singing and reading. Every Little Thing shaped from Bob Marley's "three little birds" is a favorite book. We sing E-I-E-I every night before bed but on our farm, there are not just animals. There are "lips" for kissing here and there and everywhere. Fire trucks. Normal obsessions. There are heads shoulders (here) and knees and toes (there). There are Elmos that sing their Elmo song. But also there are E-Is that go EIEI here and there. It cracks me up. As the young people say, he's so meta.

He's such a delight and I'm so glad we get to spend our days together.

No comments:

Post a Comment