Sunday, November 26, 2017

Half Marathon Mama

I've once again dedicated my birthday weekend to running the Rock and Roll half marathon in San Antonio. This year I still have managed to be ridiculously slow even after kind-of/a little bit of training.

So, the runs can be brutal (and often seven days between) but the company has been fantastic. I've started doing my long runs accompanied for the first two miles. Then my co-runner and I eat baked goods and iced tea before Daddy retrieves my running buddy and I do the next 5-8 miles alone. So, maybe I'm slow because I break for croissants and tea only 1/4 of the way in. Who's to say?!

I love running. I love the Pearl. I love these adorable kids. In a world that hides disappointment at every turn, my Sundays have been pretty great this running season.

Wish me luck next week. Both with running 13 miles (I haven't done that in 52 weeks) and turning 35!

No comments:

Post a Comment