Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Ziyan is eight months

My last little man is 8 months old these days!

He was sick for almost the entire 7th month so that combined with the politics of the day and America's raging islamophobia has meant that I don't feel the need to post anything. His growth is obviously very important to me, but his future probably depends on everyone paying more attention to what the president's doing (and resisting) and a lot less attention to how many teeth he has (2). All of that said, let's see what he's up to.

Ziyan can stand for up to 20 seconds but it often involves some teetering. He's cruising along all of the furniture in the house and can even move between two pieces. He's an excellent pivoter.

Ziyan loves to talk us. Occasionally, I think he's saying mama...or mamamamaamm. He thinks it's so funny when I say it and I'm convinced that he knows what I mean. We can have "conversations" now where I talk to him and see if he agrees with me based on if he's super excited or not. Do you want go outside? Milk? Puffs? Night night?  He is more and more a grown person everyday. And the best news of all is that he is still a ridiculously happy little man.

He didn't eat very much this month but he had RSV for three weeks so I think we are still getting on track from that. Even his milk intake has gone down so I'm a little worried a skinnier Mammen-like baby might emerge in the next four months.

He's my love and my light and my best snuggle buddy. We've both needed a lot of snuggles this month. Let's hope for better days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment