Thursday, October 1, 2015

Siclovia 2015

After a great four days in the land of sugar, we rushed home Saturday night to get back to the grind. We had about one million things to do this Sunday. It was overwhelming, frankly. Daddy was out playing with his new fun toy, an old school motorcycle he's tinkering with, and I was busy making lists of lists of things to do.

But me and the Z's made time for one of San Antonio's near city events: Siclovia. When they make it so convenient by shutting down the actual street we drive every single day, we need to show up. And it was worth every minute. I really have to put effort into teaching my kids to ride their bikes. We are always outside but we're strollering because... this ain't the suburbs. Anyway, siclovia is the urban solution to preschoolers who can't ride bikes. :)

Also, do yourself a favor and watch these little chickadees practicing their kickboxing. I assure you they had no urging from me. They just started participating when the beat stated bumping. https://youtu.be/nxeZwusM2lk

During Siclovia I felt somehow proud of my San Antonio-ness. Look at me! I left my favorite city (Houston) and this is wonderful! And worth it! I love it here! My kids are San Antonians! Really. All those thoughts. I was having a moment, apparently.

Then, it happened. We were home by 12:30 to watch our Texans win their first game of the season. #webelieved But, the Texans weren't playing in San Antonio. The Cowboys were the twelve o'clock game in San Antonio. What the what?!?! We made the wrong choice! Nothing is worth this! I hate this place! Ha ha ha. I really have to laugh about the whole thing.

But, fear not. My amazing husband let me drive his luxurious car around loop 410 to listen to the whole fourth quarter. And it was great. And we won. And I returned home having achieved the perfect balance of Houstonian loving and living it up in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment