Saturday, April 4, 2015

Girls Weekend: Day 1

While Zayd is away with Nani, Zahra and I debated the best way to spend our weekend. Should I just drop Z1 at the airport then rush home to the lolly (which would require a second drive to Htown on Sunday)?? Should we come stay in Nani's big empty house? Should we take a trip ourselves?? 

We settled on Girls Weekend 2015 and it was the best decision we two have ever made. Getting to spend three uninterrupted days with this fascinating young lady are nothing short of amazing. I feel like I have learned so much about her in the last 24 hours that I'm nearly ashamed of what we had before!

As soon as our travelers got out of the car at the airport, I asked her, "OK. w,hat do you want to do?" "Ummm, go sit on Uncle Jon's couch!" Alrighty, off we go!


We got a delicious brunch at  Le Peep (honestly the best biscuit I have ever had) and then shopped around the village a little bit. Jon was shocked when we bought Zahra an 18mo cardigan for next fall. Apparently, those of you who don't live in our house don't realize how tiny these people are. We popped into The Chocolate Bar and I am not sure who was more giddy. Zahra ran from lollipop to lollipop in disbelief. Jon ran from Big League Chew, to Warheads, to Fundip like a kid in a candy store. I know what's up, so I hung out at the made-fresh-daily chocolate counter. Zahra and I ended up sharing my chocolate covered apple. Turns out chocolate really is the way to a girl's heart.



We have three tenets to girls weekend: we are going to wear dresses, eat good food, and sleep as much as we want. Zayd, as you know, doesn't care for eating or sleeping so it seemed like a Mammen Girls Weekend would necessarily include these luxuries. Turns out, Girls Weekend is exhausting. I transfered this little lady to Nani's bed and she slept for 2.5 hours. What?!?


After nap, we headed for a run at Oyster Creek Park and some time on their playground. Goodness. I really cannot capture how diverse this Land of Sugar really is. No wonder it is my number one complaint about every other city I have ever lived in. First, we investigated a family of turtles in the pond.



And stopped for bunnies in our running path.



But we ended up at a cool little spot where Zahra climbed circles around kids three times her size and twice her age.











"If I touch him, he will chomp me, Mom!"



She has this. Who says we aren't ready for third baby??


Lastly, Zahra chose rice for dinner and we ended up at the best little Vietnamese place in Sugar Land. Go to Ky An's Kitchen right now. Order these teryaki mushrooms in steamed buns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment