Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pride

I have been trying to teach Zayd about being proud of himself as a way to get him to do the things I believe he is ready to do. Not get out of his bed at night. Poop in the potty. Eat new foods.

He has definitely gotten the concept. He sometimes informs me that I should squeal, "Zaydie! I am so proud of you." He lilts the "Zaydie" part to get three distinct syllables and pitches...is he a mimic?

Anyway, today as I sat him down to a lunch that I hoped/figured he would like

  • pistachios
  • greek yogurt
  • whole wheat ritz with cream cheese
  • carrots
  • strawberries filled with cardamom whipped cream
He said, "Mo-o-om!" (Three syllables, three pitches.) "You did great!"


I am not sure if I should congratulate myself for successfully teaching a concept or mock myself for the excessive amounts of praise I am obviously doling out.

For the record, he didn't eat the strawberries. They were the new experimental food I like to try for at every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment