Sunday, October 13, 2013

Zaydisms

Zayd is starting to talk like...us. Frankly, it is weird to realize that Sam says, "I promise" on a semi-regular basis, and I apparently never talk about our actions just our ideas. ("Zayd, it is not a good idea to sit on baby.") Here are some of the things Zayd has been saying lately that just crack me up and have started to define his manner of speaking.


  • Mom: "No more YouTube, today, Zaydie." Zayd: "Oh! Come on!"
  • Mom: "Let's make a pee pee, Zayd." Zayd: "That is NOT a good idea."
  • Mom: "Let's make a cake, Zayd." Zayd: "Yeah, yeahh, that's a good idea!"
  • "I feel frustrated!"
  • "Mommy, are you frustrated? I give you hug." (Really if he would just eat ONE BITE of dinner, that might work better, but he doesn't understand that, I suppose. Maybe he wants to easy out!)
  • "OK, we will make a cake and I can eat it all, promise?"
  • OR, "Yeah! Let's go to the zoo, and then the train, and then the park, and stay all week. Promise!?"
  • "I want to play! I want to play all week!"
  • "I so excited!"
We took a yoga class at the San Antonio Museum of Art Family Fun Day last week and the teacher went around the room and asked questions to the kids a few times.
  • Q: What was your favorite part of the Samurai exhibit?
    • A: The garbage truck!

  • Q: What does it mean to serve, the way the Samurai did?
    • A: To pick up garbage!
  • Q: Thanks for coming, my yogiños. What was your favorite part of yoga today?
    • A: When the excavator digged really really hard.
And at Little Gym:

  • Q: What is your name?
    • A: I'm Zayd. This Mommy.

  • Q: How old are you Zayd?
    • A: I two! (Shows four)
  • Q: Is anything special going on with you now?
    • A: Umma Chi home with baby.
  • Q: Where is she visiting from?
    • A house with no construction trucks. No excavator.
Apparently, Zayd considered going on the plane with Umma Chi but wanted to verify her dump truck and excavator status. He opted to stay with us based on inventory.

Here are some photos from our Fun Day at the SAMA - I really can't recommend it enough to local families!


1 comment: