Besides that, he no longer drifts off while drinking, which is probably in line with what the pediatrician wants. Nowadays, he drinks and then we talk about our day and what we want for tomorrow. Every night I ask him what was his favorite thing about today and EVERYDAY for two weeks he has said, "Mooooo." Cows. We had two trips to the rodeo this year and enjoyed the cows very much. But our last visit was early LAST MONTH. I've stopped explaining that we didn't see cows today because he obviously is having a daily rendezvous with some sort of bovine and who I am to say otherwise.
The other adorable thing he has taken to is a nightly ritual of deciding who gets to come to bed with him. Here are some of our recent decisions:
- Zayd's blue monkey joins him every night
- Zahra's blue monkey joins every night
- The elephant his "cousin" Zane gave him is a new repeat visitor
- His wooden bus had a one night appearance
- Two golf balls (we nixed these on subsequent nights because the sound when they roll out of bed at 2 in the morning is enough to wake ANYONE)
- His star wars rubber ball
- Two plush black polka dot blocks from NeNe Julie
- The large plastic guy that rides his remote control dirtbike (which has never had a battery since Zayd is too young to work the controls)
So, bedtime is getting better and definitely more fun. He has also been staying up later and having SUPER long naps - like 2 hours and 45 minutes. But like a rooster he is up between 430 and 530 EVERYDAY. This is one thing about these years that I will not miss. I can guarantee you that once Zayd learns to sleep past six, we will never worry about Zahra being up and at em before the sun. ;)
P.S. Zayd's love of the rodeo means he wears his cowboy boots OFTEN nowadays. He can put them on himself so once they are on, I don't see the point in arguing.