Hey mom! Want some mulch? It's delicious!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
...over a baby screaming.
But we have had many small successes over tge past week. Wednesday we successfully began two naps and bedtime with nothing more than leg massage. No tears. Divine.
Then yesterday the manny told me that zayd just happened to fall asleep in his stroller so putting him down didn't require any baby whispering, otherwise referred to as the pick up/put down method. Grrr.
That led to today where zayd wants to know why we've returned to self soothing. Fifteen minutes for his morning nap, twenty five for the afternoon nap. That sleep cycle lasted a whopping six minutes. Bedtime was easy. He went down arty 7:30. It's 9:50 and I've whispered four times.
Im spent but trying to remember that last saturday I would have killed for a fifteen minute put down.
So, we are going to just keep on keepin on and sleep when we can. Nighty night!
The photo is just a thanks for reading gift.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
- teach him to self soothe
- stop using the yoga ball to bounce him to sleep
- stop nursing him to make him fall asleep
- get him on a proper schedule
- get him to stop the constant (sometimes hourly) nightwaking
- stop nursing him to sleep all night long
- stop letting him determine my bedtime
- Guess who cried during afternoon nap time today?
- Guess who got a few 3+ hour sleep stretches the last few nights? (Which is GOOD)
- Guess who slept in the crib last night?
- Guess who secretly wishes we would just quit baby whispering and nurse little Z to sleep?
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
- You intend to get restful restorative sleep, Zayd.
- I intend to not let your failure to sleep define me as a mother and make me cross with myself or you!
- I intend to sleep when you sleep, Zayd-oo!
- You, Zayd intend to strengthen your relationship with Nani, today.
- Today will be a success if WE get the dining room table cleared off.
- Let's laugh together today, Zayd!
- Let's not rush the first day of 2012. When we are driving to Reliant Stadium, let's not feel panicked. The game will be awesome whether we start watching at kickoff or five minutes into the first half. When we are coming home to give you a nap, lets realize that stressing because we are late for your nap won't make you any more rested and will make the drive tense. Let's linger until we head to San Antonio. And when we get there, let's lay in bed together, or sit in our rocking chair, and think about how great tomorrow is going to be. We won't worry about unpacking or emptying the clean diapers from the dryer. We will just enjoy the smell of our house and sleeping under our own blankets.