Zayd-pie loves his Winkle! (See toy pictured below.) He loves it so much that we own two! It's the perfect size for little hands and it appears to be one awesome chew toy!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
We started the day with some loungin' in bed with our dear friend Peter Puppy. (I made sure to include plenty of *shocked-Zayd* faces to appease his Uncle Jon!)
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Zayd has truly discovered his mouth. All of his favorite toys end up there. He has also sort of started sucking his thumb but I would really call it chewing his thumb or using his thumb to stretch out his cheek.
Here is the lentil trying to decide which ring to suck on. And then deciding on both!
Monday, July 25, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Recently, Itti Bitti Tutto (Australia's number one selling "nappy") were offered up on babysteals.com for an unbelievable price. It was 10:30 at night and I was reading the Cloth Diaper board on BabyCenter when I got the news. I lept out of bed and ran to the computer to buy buy buy. (Or "steal" in the website's lingo.) They were all sold out. The steal went online at 10pm, it was just before 10:30 and they were ALL GONE. And I was super super bummed.
Now, here is the weirdest part. I have an Itti Bitti Tutto. And I don't really like it. It has way too many snaps. And it leaked on me twice. But I was soooo ready to buy a bunch more. That is when you know you are addicted. In my defense, isn't this one of the cutest diapers you have seen? And it is minky (really really soft) to boot!
- AI2 - All in Two. It means the inserts come out and you can use the shell more than once.
- AIO - All in Ones. It means the insert is sewn into the shell and you have to launder them together.
- BG - Bum Genius
- FB - Fuzzi Bunz
- OS - One Size
- TBW - The Baby Wearer
In fact, this is my favorite view from the Den window.
Making dinner has gotten so much easier! I can now prop Zayd up right next to my cutting board and prep area. He gets Peter puppy and I get two free hands to speed through dinner the way I used to!
Don't fret, followers. I am always right next to him. If I need something from across the room I am sure to take him along.
I can't wait till he is able to "help" with prep. At this point I think he'd be able to play in the spinach salad and thus evenly dress it. He could probably mash an avocado for guacamole!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Here are some things I daydream about:
- Tofu lettuce wraps from PF Changs.
- Everything on the menu at Quan Yin in Houston. It is an all-vegetarian restaurant where the menu reads like any typical Chinese restaurant - moo shu pork, sweet and sour chicken, kung pao beef, but it is all vegetarian! It is also frequented by monks and I rather enjoy eating in a restaurant full of robed monks. Makes the meal feel special!
- Buffalo wings from Green Vegetarian restaurant here in San Antonio. And then the same order from Yard House. :)
- A sushi roll with something pickled, cream cheese, and SOY SAUCE!
- Tofu pad thai from everwhere.
- Green Curry tofu from anywhere.
- Grilled Cilantro Tofu from Thai Siam in Sugar Land.
- Manchego cheese.
- Chai from an authentic Indo/Pak restaurant.
- Saag paneer.
- Jalapeno Poppers from Alamo Drafthouse.
- Yogurt. Unsweetened low fat yogurt. By the bowl full. I might add granola, but I might just eat a pint of yogurt.
- Pineapple, Tomato, and Jalapeno pizza from Papa Johns. Love it!
- A bar of the finest milk chocolate Central Market sells.
- A vanilla yogurt "Nutter Butter" shake from Cheesy Janes.
- Some super fatty chain restaurant's brownie a la mode.
- Midnight 2% organic chocolate milk. (I can't remember who makes it.)
- Horizon organic vanilla milk.
- Chocolate Macaroon cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies with milk. Maybe midnight chocolate milk...
- In no particular order (and not all at once) a peanut butter twix, a take five, and an assortment of Reese's items.
Here is Zayd when I laid him down on the bathroom floor so I could prep. Just my normal little guy.
And here he is what happens when I start the water. He starts excitedly wiggling around and "clapping". (Note: I recognize that he is not actually clapping. But if it isn't clapping he certainly does pray a lot.)
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
And recently people have commented that my baby pictures look a lot like Zayd.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
We have so many important posts to make but they have to wait until we make it back to San Antonio. To hold you over, here is Zayd in his new jammies. His Auntie brought them over from Pakistan. Notice the wording spaced between the adorable cows.