Thursday, June 30, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
First, while driving in the car and chatting away to my dear El, I suddenly heard rattles galore! Zayd was spinning the rattles on his car seat toy bar. He has never touched them before and barely noticed them before this weekend. I was gleeful and so was he.
Second, he picked up a rattle today. I think it surprised him and he had no idea what to do with it. He also didn't seem to notice he had dropped it till it hit the floor but either way, he picked it up and held it for at least 20 seconds.
Now, I do not have photos of either of these events BUT I do have an adorable collection from our tummy time this afternoon. First, I had to use the flash to get him to look away from the fan. So, here's our first shot (fan-obsessed):
And finally, I started singing our new favorite song. (I made it up and it has no title...maybe "Cause we are Mammens!") Here's a smile that will melt your heart.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Sunday, June 19, 2011
- Potato Kale Enchiladas (without sauce but with roasted pumpkin seeds!) - That's right I have added corn and so far, it seems ok! So corn tortillas are now on the list! I am considering pureeing some corn and adding the fake cheese (Dairy-free, Soy-free, Gluten-free) I have discovered to make a sauce of sorts. To bad tomatoes are a big no-no. There will be a side of black beans.
- Quinoa with Roasted Zucchini. I will skillet-fry some ground turkey to add to Sam's portion. I might add spinach. I have eaten it once without incident but I technically wasn't adding it. It was just a moment of weakness. And I am up to add a new food on Tuesday so we will see. I might let Sam pick the food! We will have baked sweet potatoes alongside our meal. (No butter, even the fake stuff comes from soy.)
- Zucchini & fake cheese fritters with basil and mint. Yum! (I bought a potato ricer last week and have been making the heck out of some hash browns.) I had a plan for something to accompany this... Maybe it was herb and olive oil rice pasta. Can't remember. I will get back to you.
- I just made a gluten free corn bread mix. All I had to do was substitute oil for butter, rice milk for milk, and flaxseed meal for eggs. Ha! Tastes like the real thing! (Minus the butter.)
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Ha ha. After changing little Zayd in the back of the SUV, I propped him up while I tidied up. He just looked hysterical hanging out in the back seat.
Thought I'd share...
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- The little lentil is smiling up a storm! You can see that from my previous blog post.
- He also focuses much better on our faces and we have lengthy cooing conversations.
- He has learned to shriek; that is new. I think I prefer a break from crying though so I am ok with the shrieking every once in a while.
- He has outgrown a whole slew of clothes. This made me tremendously sad.
- Today he took two 1.5 hour naps. This won't stick so I had to be sure to mark it down. He still wakes every 2-3 hours at night. But, who knows, 12 weeks is right around the corner.
- He is getting the beginnings of rolling over. He can get his legs to roll over but his face stays planted on the floor. It is a little bit like yoga.
Friday, June 10, 2011
...makes mommy blissfully happy.
My little guy is talking and smiling up a storm these days!
Also, I'm pretty sure he's figuring out that those feet below him are his. They've been receiving extra attention lately. And just now in his carseat, he was wiggling the left and looking at it. Then he looks at his right foot, wiggles it and watches it move.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Saturday, June 4, 2011
He is sleeping there now but I will take him to bed with me when I go. Yay! This afternoon, we also took a ridiculously long nap for a Mammen man - 1.5 hours! Of course we were all snuggled up so that helps the little guy sleep.
He has new stats to report as well from his check-up on Friday. Zayd Mammen is officially
- 11lbs 15 oz (55%)
- 22.75" long (40%)
- with a head circumference just above 16" (60%)
- can support his head when you pull him to seated by his arms
- can push his shoulders and head up when you lay him on his tummy
Here he is enjoying the sunshine and actually trying to jump off people's laps. :) He is definitely one active baby!