Thursday, July 14, 2011

March 29th 2012

So, when most people think about their child's first birthday they probbaly imagine what the child will be like and what kind of party they want to throw. (I already have a lot of the party stuff worked out.) BUT, I am different. Almost daily I think about what I will eat on March 20th, 2012 when I get to reintroduce soy and dairy to my life. When I get to stop being a soy-free vegan. (A nearly impossible task, I can assure you.)

Here are some things I daydream about:
  • Tofu lettuce wraps from PF Changs.
  • Everything on the menu at Quan Yin in Houston. It is an all-vegetarian restaurant where the menu reads like any typical Chinese restaurant - moo shu pork, sweet and sour chicken, kung pao beef, but it is all vegetarian! It is also frequented by monks and I rather enjoy eating in a restaurant full of robed monks. Makes the meal feel special!
  • Buffalo wings from Green Vegetarian restaurant here in San Antonio. And then the same order from Yard House. :)
  • A sushi roll with something pickled, cream cheese, and SOY SAUCE!
  • Tofu pad thai from everwhere.
  • Green Curry tofu from anywhere.
  • Grilled Cilantro Tofu from Thai Siam in Sugar Land.
  • Manchego cheese.
  • Chai from an authentic Indo/Pak restaurant.
  • Saag paneer.
  • Jalapeno Poppers from Alamo Drafthouse.
  • Yogurt. Unsweetened low fat yogurt. By the bowl full. I might add granola, but I might just eat a pint of yogurt.
  • Pineapple, Tomato, and Jalapeno pizza from Papa Johns. Love it!
And then there is dessert which really deserves it's own section.
  • A bar of the finest milk chocolate Central Market sells.
  • A vanilla yogurt "Nutter Butter" shake from Cheesy Janes.
  • Some super fatty chain restaurant's brownie a la mode.
  • Midnight 2% organic chocolate milk. (I can't remember who makes it.)
  • Horizon organic vanilla milk.
  • Chocolate Macaroon cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
  • Homemade chocolate chip cookies with milk. Maybe midnight chocolate milk...
  • In no particular order (and not all at once) a peanut butter twix, a take five, and an assortment of Reese's items.
I really thought this list would be considerably shorter...
I am going to gain so much weight... :(
Actually, by then I might weigh nothing and need a push to get back to healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! And homemade spanikopita and zucchini and feta fritters made by my momma!

    ReplyDelete