Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello, My Name is Tahira...

...and I am a cloth diaper addict. :)

Recently, Itti Bitti Tutto (Australia's number one selling "nappy") were offered up on babysteals.com for an unbelievable price. It was 10:30 at night and I was reading the Cloth Diaper board on BabyCenter when I got the news. I lept out of bed and ran to the computer to buy buy buy. (Or "steal" in the website's lingo.) They were all sold out. The steal went online at 10pm, it was just before 10:30 and they were ALL GONE. And I was super super bummed.

Now, here is the weirdest part. I have an Itti Bitti Tutto. And I don't really like it. It has way too many snaps. And it leaked on me twice. But I was soooo ready to buy a bunch more. That is when you know you are addicted. In my defense, isn't this one of the cutest diapers you have seen? And it is minky (really really soft) to boot!


I know now all of these acronyms that I spent 27 years completely blind to:
  • AI2 - All in Two. It means the inserts come out and you can use the shell more than once.
  • AIO - All in Ones. It means the insert is sewn into the shell and you have to launder them together.
  • BG - Bum Genius
  • FB - Fuzzi Bunz
  • OS - One Size
  • TBW - The Baby Wearer
I know the difference between hemp, bamboo, and cotton for absorbency and trimness, and I can espouse the benefits of using wool vs fleece covers over fitted diapers. (Though I own absolutely ZERO fitteds and ZERO cloth covers aka soakers.)

I DO own, AIO, AI2s, Pockets, and Hybrids. Here is a picture of my stash; first, laid out during laundry time, and then displayed for you!


If you're interested, that's a Flip up top (I have two more of these). The second row features two of my three GroVia AI2 shells and the Itti Bitti Tutto. We then get into Bum Genius pockets and an AIO. I mostly have aplix (fancy velcro) and the few snaps I do have I am slowly trading out with mothers on the Cloth Diaper Swap board. To each their own! I then have two rows of Kawaii pockets - the go to for Sam and Joe. The bottom row features two SoftBums AI2's. There is a third SB in the wash.

I love cloth diapering. I love laying them all out and looking at them. I love that I stuck to a goal and really haven't had much trouble with it. I love that he has the cutest butt in Mahncke Park. (Except all of the other cloth diapered babes out there - you wouldn't believe how many CDing mommas I have met!)

In fact, this is my favorite view from the Den window.

1 comment:

  1. I know I love your blog and your family because this is the last thing I'm reading before I close my computer tonight-the night before the bar exam. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face. I love CDing, too!

    ReplyDelete