Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daddy's Birthday

Today was a fabulous day. The little lentil spent hours awake and happy. Happy! Yes, I too was shocked.

We had a very adventurous day preparing for the big lentils birthday. We went to the quarry and got cards, lamb chops, a fruit tart, and the tallest candles we could find. I set it all up so we could hastily light the tart as soon as Daddy stepped in the door. He would be greeted with presents, cards, a birthday tart, and beer.

There was time to kill after the preparations were done and I decided to press my luck with this angel baby attitude Zayd had adopted. Off to his room for playtime. Now, let me preface this by saying that (in case you hadn't guessed from previous posts) we don't have a lot of playtime. My sweet boy will rarely let you set him down or sit still without making one heck of a fuss. We spend our days walking or bouncing.  But today (!) we had tummy time, we played in our baby gym, we played with a rattle and when Sam walked in the house, we were sitting in our rocking chair reading. Reading! In our chair! The way I had envisioned back when Zayd was s fetal lentil. I knew Sam would be home at any minute but I decided that he would be happier to see us calmly reading in our rocking chair than to be greeted with song and a lit birthday tart.

And he was happy and more than a little stunned.

So,  on our next bad day, I suppose I need to come reflect on this post and remember that there will be many many chances to sit in our rocking chair and cuddle with my adorable almond joy.

1 comment:

  1. What a gift! I love the image of you sitting there when he arrived home. How wonderful! And good for you for writing about it! I'll bet all three of you had sweet dreams last night.

    ReplyDelete