Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mary H - The Psychic?

Today Ella and I set out on our daily walk and passed my friend and neighbor Rosalynn's house. She was participating in the neighborhood garage sale and we stopped and chatted with a few of the neighbors about the day and the weather and all thing Mahncke Park. Rosalynn said that I look great and said she had three labor and delivery nurses helping her out today so they were ready for me! Rosalynn is a L&D nurse in the Army and she works at Wifford Hall taking care of pregnant service members. Anyway, Rosalynn's friend Mary (who was wearing her medical nametag proclaiming "Hi I am Mary H!" said, "Can I rub your belly for luck?" Of course! She felt my belly and looked up at me - "You are having a boy?!" Yep, I sure am. Then she sorta winked at me and said, "It'll be today or tomorrow." My new best friend. (Sorry, girls.)

Anyway, it has only happened a handful of times now, but I love it when people look at me and say, "You are having a boy!". I loved the magicalness of women's intuition. A very smart friend of mine pointed out that they have a 50/50 shot but I think there is something more to it than that.

With something as surprising and miraculous as what I been going through for the past 278 days, there is just more at play than mathematics.

Wish me a Zayd-y Baby. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have him soon! But, from what I've seen around, people guess one and then if they're wrong, insist that your ultrasound lied. People will insist on number, sex, and gestational age and nothing you can say will convince them otherwise. So, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well 'full of grace' sounds nice too if he decides to come tomorrow- although I tend to think of girls having more grace than boys.... I think he will be perfect no matter the day!

    ReplyDelete