Monday, March 7, 2011

African Dance

Zayd and I went to African Dance today and just had the most wonderful time. It was so great to move around and use our body. Today especially, the steps were easy and we got to give way to the music and DANCE.

Zayd even got into it and did quite a bit of kicking and dancing to the drummer's rhythyms. I am convinced that this little man needs some drumming music and possibly even a drum!


On the topic of music - we need some birthing music! I have been thinking about it a lot lately and being in African Dance Class solidified it for me - I need some music to labor to and we need some music for after Zayd arrives! I am pretty sure I wouldn't want songs that I know - the point isn't to start a karaoke fest! Perhaps songs in other languages? I know that I want to buy Zayd a foreign language lullaby album so this might be a two-fer deal! Now I am thinking we might need a drumming CD as well. Payal Auntie has also graciously offered to make me a playlist for our time at the birthing center. She is convinced that labor wouldn't be complete without some mellow Bob Marley tracks and I am VERY INTERESTED to see what she comes up with.

Anyone else have an opinion? What would YOU want on your birthing play list?

3 comments:

  1. Baby Baby Can't you hear my heart beat?
    supremes

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0892815051/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00007KFRR&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0B0FSS09BDRCKFESZ2H0

    http://www.amazon.com/Drums-Passion-Babatunde-Olatunji/dp/B00006B1RI/ref=pd_sim_b_3

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Erin: "Push it" by Salt N Peppa

    I love her!

    ReplyDelete