Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The 28th Day of Zayd-ember!

Well, ladies and gents, here we are! The 28th day of Zayd-ember, also known as the first day of my ninth month, the beginning of my 36th week, or the 1st of March (for those with little creativity).

So, the waiting game is on now, I suppose. On my Baby Center group tons of ladies have already gone into labor - which is exciting. Sam says I am going to have the baby "soon" but I am not sure what that means. After eight months of being pregnant, one could conceivably consider 28 days "soon". I just had a very painful contraction while making wild mushroom and spinach lasagna. So, who knows!?! I presume 36 days from now, that's my 28 days plus the eight days late that most first time mom's average. But I am also hoping I am a little bit wrong. I want to meet this little guy! (Though not after we finish birth class...)


What's new with me:
  • I am incapable of determining how to arrange Zayd's clothes. So, we have a million tiny onesies strewn across the floor. (Well, folded and semi-organized but nothing that allows you a path across the room.) That and we don't have hangers yet, so some of the outfits simply can't be hung.
  • I am thoroughly enjoying coming home from work each day to find a new package on the front porch - today's was a stroller from Sonia. Thanks, dear! Thanks to everyone who has enabled this joyous experience over the past few months.
  • I haven't finished the books...so hopefully "soon" comes somewhere after finishing Super Baby, The American Pediatric Society's Handbook on Breastfeeding, Calmest Baby on the Block, and What to Expect: The First Year.
  • I think I am hungrier than I used to be.
  • Sam and I have been taking nightly walks and it is fantastic. So glad to have him home.
  • I am trying to set up a schedule for our bi-lingual household. Super Baby recommends One Parent One Language - eek. Where Sam would only speak English and I would only speak...well, I suppose Urdu. Though Russian sneaks out an awful lot when trying to communicate with Pakistanis. The book details six different ways to enable a bi-lingual child but insists that 20% of his daily interactions must be in the minority language. I have my work cut out for me. With the nanny we have for the summer, we can do One Caregiver One Language quite easily. Maybe Zayd will have an adorable Puerto Rican accent when speaking Spanish - adorable! Maybe more on this later.
  • Still not waddling. One point: Tahira.
What's new with Zayd:
  • Really, not much.
  • He is hiccuping quite a bit lately - getting those lungs ready for the real world, I suppose. Every time he has a hiccup fit I explain to him what is happening with his body. I suspect his first word MIGHT be hiccup. His first phrase will probably not be "spasm in your diaphragm", but there is just no telling.
  • He is bigger and possibly trying to force his way out through my left side.
  • He is head down and "nearly engaged" as of my 34 week appointment. So, he is riding low, to say the least. We will get a better idea of his "station" on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest rolling the clothes up and placing into dividers organized by colors on a spectrum. :D Someone suggested ornament box dividers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! Thanks for the updates! I love picturing you guys out walking around! Soon(ish) it will be with Sonia's stroller-what fun!!

    Of course, Martha has something to say on the baby clothes...and I can see why it's confusing! Even she seems confused about choosing a method: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/organizing-baby-clothes

    ReplyDelete