Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just a typical night...

So, I spent the last hour wrapped up in this...


That's right. To add to my stressful third trimester, I just spent the last hour thawing pipe in front of my house. With a hair dryer plugged in via an newly purchased extension cord run through the guestroom window. While wearing Sam's clothes because they are warm and fit over my new body.

I imagined lots of problems with my eighth month - pains, sciatica, itchy skin, fatigue, maybe even stretch marks (!). While I am glad that most of these have remained at bay, I have to deal with things like a broken dishwasher that overruns in the kitchen, a bathtub that won't drain, the coldest winter in San Antonio's history, a car that refuses to take gasoline, rolling brownouts in San Antonio, and a pipe with an icicle frozen straight out of it. It's unbelievable the number of problems I have had these last three weeks. It's physically exhausting but worse than that it is stressful beyond words. I am trying to remain calm, breathe deeply, and remember that there are much MUCH better days to come.

At this point, I feel pretty good. After all, with a little internet research, a short run to CVS, and a hairdryer, I got that stupid pipe flowing! I had almost determined that the pipe was already busted and free flowing somewhere under my house when less than a minute later it sputtered and started gushing water! Success. There is nothing I can't do. Even eight months pregnant.

FYI, I left a sputtering "stream" dripping from the pipe, wrapped it in two beach towels, and will check on it in the morning.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Wish me luck.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweetie. This is a lot to deal with! I wish we could put you on a plane somewhere warm and relaxing and wonderful. And, you CAN do anything! I love you.

    ReplyDelete