Thursday, February 17, 2011

34 Weeks - That's Z-6weeks!

Well, I have to start this post by telling you that weeks 32/33 were much harder than 33/34, and I have no idea why. Anything that sounds horrible - that was last week. This week I feel pretty great.

What's new with me?
  • I have gained a lot of weight so far (36 pounds) and everywhere I go people say, "You are HOW far along? You are tiny!" Someone asked me if I was five months last week. (?) I am not sure if this is their attempt at flattery or if I am really significantly different than other pregnant women but I feel good, the baby is above average in size, and I can still move around, so its all excellent as far as I am concerned.
  • I distinctly don't feel like this: (The below is named Week 34 on one of my favorite sites www.alphamom.com)

  • I waddle while at home and walk upright like a ballerina outside of the house. Sometimes down the long empty hallway at work I let my hips loose, but only if NO ONE is around. I presume at some point I will lose this talent for concealment. Though, with Sam returning home, I am not sure about the waddling at home anymore, either. It feels like a very private thing this waddling.
  • Last week, I had one night of consistent and debilitating "cramps". It felt like my legs were connected straight to my torso and I feared for a short while that I wouldn't make it to bed. A few steps off of the couch I had to sit down and wait for them to dissipate. The "cramping" didn't and so I crawled to the dining room and waited a bit longer. Eventually, my womb let go of my legs and I managed my way into bed. I can't wait to not be living alone anymore.
  • I attempted to stray from my regular Vegan One-A-Day prenatal with disastrous results. In fact everyone at work can tell you how much my body rejects the new vitamin. A run to Whole Foods tomorrow will remedy the situation and I can recommend an awesome vitamin when you folks need one. :)
  • It's been raining and that hurts my knees and my right ankle.
  • The most stressful thing in my life is the idea of having to go back to work full time - many many months from now. I am dreading it. I think about how many diaper changes I will miss. I think its because it is a number that is calculable.
The Babe! What's he up to?
  • Zayd is huge! He is also convinced that there is a trap door under my left ribs and earnestly attempts to burrow out that way about every other day.
  • Mister Z could be 20" by now. As a 17" newborn, myself, this blows my mind. He should weigh as much as a pineapple.
  • The little man is distinctly less prickly than a pineapple and is covered in a white slippery (icky) coating called vernix, but he's lost his monkey fur!
  • I'm not sure how to say this, but his testicles are descending. Yay! I presume the scrotum is the ideal location for them.
  • Zayd likes U2! On our drive to Houston today he perked RIGHT UP when U2 came on the radio.
  • Zayd keeps his eyes open while awake and closes them when he goes to sleep! (He doesn't close them much, I am willing to bet.)
  • He is getting more and more adorable by the second.

1 comment:

  1. I like that he likes U2! We need to try Lil Keke next time we're in my car

    ReplyDelete