Saturday, October 16, 2010

Preggers Pants

So! My first pair of maternity pants has arrived!

Most people are laughing at me; they can't fathom why I would need maternity pants when I don't have too much to "show" for this pregnancy. I argue that while my belly looks pretty diminutive for four months, after a meal I resemble a six monther. My body's ability to bloat right now could possibly get me in the Guinness Book. When I wake up my normal jeans fit, by lunchtime, I need my one-size-up pants and by three pm I'd be lucky to get my sweatpants up around my bump.
So, enter the maternity pants. I shopped around online on Gap and Ann Taylor and had a dream that I was in an awesome Banana Republic maternity store (sadly, these do not exist). It seemed like risky business to order an $80 pair of jeans that I can't go to a store to try on. Most of the maternity lines are available online only - bummer. So, I went to eBay and found a pair of Gap City fit for a VERY reasonable price. I figured if i like them, it would be a win, I could place my Gap order. And if I hate them, they cost me very little. No harm, no foul!

I ordered a size up, telling myself the entire time that I shouldn't, that maternity pants must take into account your maternity but just thought the idea of not being able to get IN my maternity pants might stretch my hormonal self a little too far. Now I am very comfortably enjoying a pair of maternity pants that are a size too big but comfy as heck. So, I haven't really solved the mystery of which pants to buy, but at least I am comfortable while online shopping.

All of this aside, I have discovered the true beauty of maternity pants. (Well, the beauty of wearing maternity jeans when you don't have a real baby belly.) Most of you probably know that pregnant women pee like its going out of style. And its never like, "Oh, I should use the restroom." For me, it's more along the lines of a national emergency. I haven't yet figured out what happens when my restroom demands aren't met but I intend to never get that far. So, the beauty of maternity pants... Its that when you have to RUN to the restroom for fear of disaster, there is no zipper to fuss with. :) This has been my happiest discovery, that the pants don't fight me when I've got my game face on.

Alrighty, we are going to eat Mac and Cheese and see a comedy show. Wish me the power to stay awake past 9pm. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, I'd like to request a picture of said maternity pants with you in them, please!

    ReplyDelete