Saturday, October 9, 2010

Planning the Nurzery

We are supposed to spend much of this three day weekend planning baby Z's nurzery.

"Exciting!" you say. Hmmm, we will have to see.

First things first, the color palette. So, while wasting the night away (with Oprah) I have discovered Colour Lovers. Yay! Its a website that I believe is intended to help web designers create and choose color palettes but I am using it to design a nursery.

Creating a gender neutral room feels nearly impossible at first. But, for me, its important for many reasons, the least of which is that our 1925 Cottage doesn't have too many rooms to spare.

The website is wonderfully fun. You can make your own colors. I've chosen names like: Just Plummy, Z-Foam Green, Nothin but Blue Skies, etc. I've designed a palette that I called Baby Z is On the Way and I think it has a nice mix of funk, traditionally baby-boy hues, and poseys.
I can't post it here for some reason so the link will have to do.

While messing around with the functionality of the site, I discovered a pattern maker. Check out Hootie Who? We won't actually use this pattern, but ain't it cute!?! (The elephant contingent would surely petition such a Holder-esque animal. Ha!)

So, now we (hopefully) have a starting place. Sam is out with Tim for his birthday, so I have done this all alone. We'll have to wait for his comments to see what he says... (Cross your fingers Hootie Who? supporters.)

Once we've nailed this down, Sam and I are going
1) to Home Depot for wall and furniture paint
2) to take my 1940's children's furniture to the antique re-finishers
(a Georgetown Fleamarket find many years ago)
3) to Etsy to shop for custom crib linens in our NEW palette!
I'm digging either the SusieCues shop or Aunt Bucky shop.

Thoughts? Let me know if you mess around on Colour Lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment