Friday, October 8, 2010

Catching Some Z - the intro!

Hello folks!
Its my first post on the new blog! You may remember the Bollywood Bridesmaid, which chronicled my journey (read: whirlwind) into marital bliss! Here we are, 17 months later, jumping feet first into the next stage of life: BABYDOM!

Sam and I are having a baby, and we're due, hold your breath, April Fools Day 2011. Now, its up to you to decide whether this is an extremely elaborate early April Fools Joke... (For proof, check the adorable (!) Sonogram Slideshow below, I probably wouldn't go quite THAT far with an April Fool's joke.)

Anyway, the name of the blog has been the biggest stressor keeping me from this blog for about two months now. (I'm 15 weeks along at this point.) I dabbled with a variety of titles, those abouts babies, those about Mammens (admittedly trickier), for a while I toyed with puns about Sesame Seeds, Chick Peas, and Eskimos. Then, two nights it came to me: Catching Some Z! Though we haven't quite nailed down baby names, we know that we want to have a whole fleet of kiddos whose names start with "Z". It's close to "S" (Sam, Sally, Sonia) but a little funkier! So, catching some Z: I presume we will do lots of catching of little baby Z. The first trimester was all about sleeping for me, so that works too. And I am pretty sure that we will be starving for some proverbial ZZZZs come April 2nd, making it duly appropriate.

Here's ideas for posts to come and a preview of all the baby-like stuff running through my brain:
Sonogram Slideshow
Cloth Diapering (Shock - she's a REAL hippy)
Adventures in Doctordom/Doctordumb
Baby Monikers (A much better word for name!)
The Nursery
Gender Reveal
Me the Medical Oddity
Belly Descriptions though maybe not actual photos

Send me comments about things you want to hear about!


3 comments:

  1. I want to read a post about how you're going to name your child either Jason, Esteban, or Jason Esteban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best blog ever with pink is the new blog coming in a distant second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mr Dopple Ganger, you would be quite happy to know that the NetBook I am creating this blog from is named Esteban. (True story!) :) Any points for that one?

    ReplyDelete