Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anxiety: 0, Momma: 2

By Momma, I mean my delightful mother. I am not yet conquering the anxiety but she seems to be great at it. :)

So, I have been a raving lunatic eagerly anticipating the Outlet Sale at Petunia Pickle Bottoms. Anyone that doesn't have a little one probably thinks I am insane but check out the link - cutest diaper bags (and accessories ever). The sale started today at 9am PST and I was ready with phone in hand to get my shop on. There was no preview so I had no idea what would be for sale but I was psyched. Joshua and Chris (my co-workers I travelled up here with) had to listen to talk of removable changing pads, a matching wipes pouch, and the debate between two versus four bottle pockets.

So, at noon local, I logged in and went directly to Society Satchels. And found the love of my life (sorry Sam-I-Am), the Pistachio Layer Cake. You must click the link - I can't get the pic to upload. You MUST! It was 12:04. The bag was to die but I just wasn't sure how I felt about putting a semi-considerable amount of money into something that baby can puke on. So, I thought about it and texted Ella for five minutes. Then I decided to bite the bullet and treat myself. :) It was 12:09. The bag was sold out. And I was bereft of the hope of ever having a Pistachio Layer Cake to call my own. So sad. Foiled by my unwillingness to make a decision. Two days in a row. Who would have guessed. 12:09. The guys had to listen to me weep my way through a delicious Panang Curry during lunch. (Not real weeping but a weeping of the heart so to speak.)

I called my mom after work to tell her the terribly sad story. She didn't seem to be quite getting it, so I had her visit the website so she could visualize my loss. And she immediately
fell for the Pistachio Layer Cake (I hadn't even told her the name). She is my mother and quite the genius. But for some reason, she could add one to her cart. And she did. And I screamed with glee. My mother can apparently fix any problem. Things that are sold out for me are completely available to my momma. I am going to have to learn this trick before April comes.

But for now, I am waiting until my birthday to see and touch and smell the real life version of the bag. Yay mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment