Wednesday, October 13, 2010

16 weeks! Woot woot!

We hit magical Week 16 yesterday. What? You didn't notice the nation-wide firework display?

It hit with a vengeance though, I would say. While trying not to lose my lunch at work today, I was reminded that just one short week ago I told the office, "Listen up folks, next Tuesday is Week 16 and I have decided that I will feel AWESOME come week 16. If one of you brings in a tiara to celebrate, it would be a completely appropriate way to mark the occasion." I really thought I could mind over matter this puking thing but it turns out my mind hasn't quite been meeting expectations. While dry heaving in my car on the side of the highway today I silently cursed every book that said, "Most women feel better by Week 16." And remembered that What to Expect also warned, "For some women, morning sickness is just beginning." I have noticed a dramatic increase in my vomitousness since Week 14 but am attributing this to a "it gets worse before it gets better" phenomenon...so keep those tiaras ready.

So what's changed for the little Z-ster in the past week:
  • The little one has grown to the size of a large avocado! (How very San Antonio, of it! I can't wait till its breakfast taco sized!)
  • S/he can frown - so sad right? I am anxious for the smiling phase.
  • Eyelashes! Baby Z has eyelashes. Especially with the lashes going on in our two families, I'm pretty sure these are the best in-womb lashes in a 100 mile radius.
  • Baby Z has tastebuds and hopefully is enjoying the pineapple jalapeno pizza we're enjoying.
According to the books, here's what 's up with me (followed by my comments certifying accuracy):
  • Week 16ers often have bizarre dreams. (I am not sure about you all, but I entered an art school in the penthouse of a hotel last night and became famous for using julienned cucumber as a medium when everyone else was using paint.)
  • I should be peeing less. (Hmmmm, maybe that goes when the morning sickness disappears.)
  • Some (rare) women can feel their baby moving. (I never lay down *awake* long enough to notice anything. I have to fall asleep quickly to make it to art class in time.)
Leave hugs (aka comments).

1 comment: